Monday, October 13, 2014

Frank Borne - Akamai Author

Akamai Author Countdown
(akamai- smart, clever, expert)
Frank Borne, Multi-Published Author 

     Frank Borne joins me this week as the featured akamai author.   Frank Borne has authored numerous non-fiction books and short essays concerning Jefferson Parish history and politics, and served as editor of The West Bank Beacon, a good-news community newspaper, for three and a half years. In 2012, he self-published his first novel, But for the Grace of God. In 2013, Astraea Press released his novel Fame and Misfortune, which has been nominated for a 2013 RONE Award. Beau Coup Publishing recently released The Captain and the Queen, and the sequel, The Captain of Her Heart was released this week.
     Currently, The Captain and the Queen has 4.7 of 5 stars on amazon!

Countdown Interview with Frank Borne
'Elima - Five sentences about The Captain and the Queen:
Baxter Edwards, the captain of a Carnival organization struggling in changing economic 
times, selects a celebrity to serve as its monarch, convinced the club will be infused 
with vitality. However, when he chooses his best friend’s college-age daughter, 
Claire Boudreaux, to serve as queen, he’s surprised when they develop feelings for 
one another. Their love for New Orleans unites them; their age difference threatens 
to keep them apart as the disapproval of family and friends presents obstacles for 
the cross-generational relationship. Threatened by the resurgence of Baxter’s club, 
ewton Lavoisier, the captain of a rival organization, uses unethical means to cause 
the Merry Men of Sancus financial harm. He conspires with the krewes’ float-builder 
to manipulate contracts for his club’s benefit, but discovers alternate avenues to profit 
from Baxter’s newfound success.

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Queen-Frank-Borne-ebook/dp/
B00JTN4PMI/ref=sr_1_1_bnp_1_kinie=UTF8&qid=1412034459&sr=81
&keywords=FRANK+BORNE

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-captain-and-the-queen-frank-borne/1119402775?ean=9781499226928


‘Ehā - What things inspire you?
*  My family and my friends read my books as I am writing them; they provide insight, guidance, and inspiration.
*  Life experiences have provided inspiration; my first book, But for the Grace of God, was based on my relationship with my father; my second book, Fame and Misfortune, touched on extreme weight loss from the male point of view, drawing on my experience with having been heavy; and my third book, The Captain and the Queen, was inspired by my involvement with a Mardi Gras organization. 
*  A passion for the English language and clear writing has always been an inspiration. For many years, I wrote non-fiction historical essays and books and also was the editor of a small good-news community newspaper.



‘Ekolu - Share three random facts about yourself:                   
*  Married my childhood sweetheart. 
*  Only child of a single mother.
*  Wife and I are trying to see all 50 states by the time we’re 50.


‘Elua - What are your two most useful resources:
I have a small circle of friends who serve as my beta readers and provide inspiration.

‘Ekahi - Choose one symbol that best describes you as an author:
* The asterisk. I’d like to be known as a writer with books in multiple genres with stories and topics as different as possible.

Connect with Frank Borne:
http://www.frankborne.weebly.com
https://www.facebook.com/authorfrankborne?ref=bookmarks

A warm mahalo to Frank for joining us this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment